Since our previous article, we’ve gotten a few more details about Disneyland’s upcoming and exclusive 3D sneak peek of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES, opening in the Anaheim theme park this spring:
- Opening March 25th, Disneyland’s Festival Arena in Frontierland will be transformed to resemble the dreaded pirate Blackbeard’s infamous ship, the Queen Anne’s Revenge, complete with masts, sails, rigging and a crew of fun-loving buccaneers.
- These scalawags will teach guests a few simple lessons in the art of piracy and adventure on the high seas. A bounty of pirate play swords, hats and eye patches will be available for purchase if you wish to dress up like a salty sea dog too.
- Once new pirate recruits are initiated in the crew, none other than Captain Jack Sparrow offers his greetings to all and presents his exclusive 3D sneak peek preview clips of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES, which opens in theaters May 20th. Keep a weather eye open for Blackbeard who might barge in to the proceedings too!
- This special PIRATES 4 preview is an interactive event boasting state-of-the-art projections, 3D film sequences, enhanced with special effects including bursts of flame, dramatic sound design and theatrical lighting.
- The event is scheduled to run on weekend nights beginning March 25 through April 11, and every evening starting April 15 to May 1, 2011. Consult the Disneyland event schedule for updated details.
The artist rendering below and details courtesy are courtesy of Disney.