Buena Vista Records will release two albums capturing the wonder of Lewis Carroll’s beloved books and visionary director Tim Burton. Almost Alice is a 16-song compilation featuring ALICE IN WONDERLAND’s end credit track “Alice (Underground)” written by Avril Lavigne and produced by Butch Walker. Danny Elfman composes the score for the original motion picture soundtrack. Hot Topic will issue an exclusive version of Almost Alice which includes two bonus tracks. All three albums will be released on March 2, 2010. ALICE IN WONDERLAND comes to the big screen in Disney Digital 3D™ on March 5, 2010 (U.S. theaters).
The ALICE IN WONDERLAND soundtrack captures the musical landscape Danny Elfman masterfully created for the highly anticipated Tim Burton film starring Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter. Elfman has established himself as one of Hollywood’s leading film composers and has written close to 50 film scores featuring his unique sound, including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Milk, Chicago, Batman, Spiderman, Men in Black, Edward Scissorhands and Pee Wee’s Big Adventure.
Almost Alice boasts an eclectic array of recording artists with original songs based on some of the most charismatic characters in literary history, such as “In Transit” performed by Mark Hoppus and Pete Wentz. Other artists include The All-American Rejects, Shinedown, 3OH!3, Franz Ferdinand and All Time Low. “Very Good Advice” performed by Robert Smith, is the only song from Disney’s 1951 animated film “Alice in Wonderland” that appears on the collection.
Here is the complete track list for Almost Alice:
1. “Alice” performed by Avril Lavigne
2. “The Poison” performed by The All-American Rejects
3. “The Technicolor Phase” performed by Owl City
4. “Her Name Is Alice” performed by Shinedown
5. “Painting Flowers” performed by All Time Low
6. “Where’s My Angel” performed by Metro Station
7. “Strange” performed by Tokio Hotel and Kerli
8. “Follow Me Down” performed by 3OH!3 featuring Neon Hitch
9. “Very Good Advice” performed by Robert Smith
10. “In Transit” performed by Mark Hoppus with Pete Wentz
11. “Welcome to Mystery” performed by Plain White T’s
12. “Tea Party” performed by Kerli
13. “The Lobster Quadrille” performed by Franz Ferdinand
14. “Running Out of Time” performed by Motion City Soundtrack
15. “Fell Down a Hole” performed by Wolfmother
16. “White Rabbit” performed by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals